There are numerous double strollers out on the market today that come with a wide variety of features. These strollers can range in price from inexpensive to quite expensive.bugaboo strollers Rarely do you find a double stroller that has a great feature set at an affordable price. The DuoGlider stroller from Graco falls into this category – it’s a stroller with lots of great features and it has a price point that’s easy on the pocket book.
The DuoGlider is a no-nonsense stroller that is built for value and functionality. The Graco DuoGlider stroller is great for parents on a shoe-string budget – but it’s also great for parents who want to take advantage of solid functionality. The DuoGlider seats two children in tandem and it accommodates infant car seats and children up to 40 lbs each.
The key feature of the DuoGlider stroller is the seat set-up. The rear seat’s canopy has a see-through peek -a-boo window so parents can keep tabs on their rear passenger. The rear seat, which has two reclining positions, fully reclined and fully upright, is positioned higher than the front seat – it’s elevated, theater-like, position gives the rear passenger a great view.
Another key feature of the DuoGlider is the drop down storage basket. A common complaint about strollers in general is the inability to gain access to the storage basket – especially when the child’s seat is reclined. Graco has fixed this problem with their drop-down basket. The back of the storage basket can be unlatched and lowered for easy access – with the rear seat in either the upright or in the reclined position.
- Compatible with infant car seats. The DuoGlider stroller accepts Graco SnugRide, SnugRide 32 and Infant SafeSeat Car Seats.
- Parent storage tray and cup holder
- Easily close and store the DuoGlider with the one-hand latch system
- A large easy access drop-down basket
- Multi-position reclining front seat
- Rear seat that either sits fully upright or fully reclined
- Removable front canopy
- Rear canopy with a clear peek-a-boo window
- Removable child tray for the front passenger
- Front wheels that lock and a suspension system for a smooth ride
- 3-point safety harness for both front and rear passengers
- Elevated, theater view, rear seat
- Buy this stroller for your infants and use it for years. The DuoGlider supports up to 40 pounds for each child.
- Easily fold, store and transport the DuoGlider
- Both your children will get a great view – with the elevated rear seat.
Who’s using this stroller?
- Parents who have either twins or two young children, around the same age, who weigh less than 40 pounds each.
- Parents who are working on a tight budget – parents who are looking for the best value stroller.
- Parents who need a dependable double stroller from a well known, reputable manufacturer.
What’s working well?
- The seats can be used for infants with infant car seats and they can be used for children up to 40 pounds.
- The rear seat is elevated making it easy for the rear-seated child to see.
What’s not working well?
- The rear seat only has two positions, fully reclined or fully upright. The rear seat has an arm-rest but no snack / drink tray.
- The tires are plastic and parents have reported that they are wobbly and don’t wear well.
Why should you buy this stroller?
- You should buy the DuoGlider stroller if you have two young infants or children and you need a versatile double stroller.
- You should buy the DuoGlider if you have young infants and you need a stroller that accommodates infant car seats.
- You should buy this stroller if you need a highly maneuverable double stroller.
- You should buy this stroller if you need an affordable, full-featured, best-budget stroller.
Why should you ‘not’ buy this stroller?
The Graco DuoGlider stroller is a low cost, entry-level stroller that is ideal for families on a tight budget. You should consider other strollers if you’ve set aside additional funds for your stroller purchase… consider higher-end, higher quality strollers from Peg Perego and Joovy.
Other Strollers to consider
Joovy Caboose – A sit and stand double stroller – high quality and innovative design makes this stroller ideal for parents who have 2 stroller-aged children that are more than one year apart… The older child can sit or stand on the stroller’s rear platform.
The Peg Perego Duette SW stroller – The Duette stroller is a high-end double stroller. The stroller has large rubber wheels, all-wheel suspension, rear brakes, fully functional, front and rear seats, and it also has a steering wheel.