- personalization – if personalization is on then the results you see might be different than the results other see. This is white label seo tools true even if you are not logged into an account results can be altered by your recent prior search queries. To remove personalization bias, we offer an option that turns it off.
- clustering – to send Google less queries we grab 100 results per page. If 2 pages from the same site are in the search results they will be clustered together, so in many cases a low ranking page will see rankings shown even lower on our tool due to clustering. If you add &num=100 to the address bar in Google the results should be fairly well aligned with our tool.
- datacenter and algorithm changes – at different times of day your query might access different datacenters, and also changes also happen all the time… Google did around 450 algorithm adjustments in 2007.
Even if the numbers do not exactly line up they are still good for helping you see the general ranking trends.
In most major markets Yahoo! is currently in the process of transferring their search service to Bing. In markets where Yahoo! search is still powered by the core Yahoo! algorithm, our Yahoo! ranking numbers will be spot on because we use the Yahoo! API. However in markets where Yahoo! has shifted over you can use the other related ranking data.
- In the United States, Australia, Mexico, Canada & Brazil Yahoo! Search is powered by Bing.
- In Japan Yahoo! Search is powered by Google.
Once Yahoo! has fully transitioned their upgrade process globally we will upgrade rank checker to reflect their current results on a per market basis.
Other Useful Related Firefox Extensions and Goodies:
Have Feedback? Know of Any Conflicting Extension
Firefox Rank Checker Extension Advanced Features:
This free rank checking tool allows you to check your rankings in Google, Yahoo!, and Microsoft Live search results, and has the following features:
- International: in the options section (mentioned above) you can select to pull results from international versions of Google and/or Google.com.
- Presets: allows you to grab a list of keywords that you can research data on at any given point in time.
- useful for segregating data for different websites, different categories, etc.
- you can save a preset list by clicking on this button inside of the Rank Checker interface
- you can open a preset list by clicking on this button inside of the Rank Checker interface
- Scheduled Tasks: allows you to look up any of your keyword lists daily, weekly, monthly, or at any periodicity you choose.
- After you have created a preset list of keywords you can use this feature
- To use this feature
- click on the word Tools at the top of your Firefox browser
- scroll over the words Rank Checker
- click on the words Scheduled Tasks
- at the bottom of the scheduled tasks window you can what keyword lists you want to run and how often to look them up